Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Uncovered


Seen and Unseen

My bed in Loeb Residence Hall is right next to this huge window. My first night at New York was a little uneasy; I kept being startled whenever I turned to this side and saw this hole on my wall as if it would engulf me. I thought my bed was slanted to that side, trying to throw me out of the window. Yes, it was unsettling, so it was amazing when I opened my eyes. Instead of my blanket, I was wearing sunlight.

Now I am used to both sensations, that of looking out a huge window at night and that of sun waking me up, but I still remember the first day.



What holds the shatter



Individuality



Beyond

This is just a photo of a place going under a renovation, but the shadow and the light together makes me wonder what is beyond the door.






Laundry

I was very lucky in my freshman year, because I lived in Whitman, the newest residential college at Princeton, and my room was right next to a water fountain, a laundry room, a bathroom, and an elevator. And here, not only do I need to go down to the basement to do laundry, I also have to pay for it--which I heard is normal in NY. Argh.

9 comments:

Gogolab said...

lool now it's your turn : you take a picture of your own shoes ;)

Gogolab said...

I forgot to say but I like the photograph with the splinter. According to me, it represents the power. Just having this splinter emphasizes the tone that you wanna show

Mihir Desai said...

Your pictures are the best in the class and to top it all, you come from Princeton! Smarty!

More than looking at certain things, the way to light the images is just fantastic. I hope you don't this by just using photoshop.
You are great with natural light but you might be better with artificial light. You know, physics and photography :P . Chuck Princeton, become a photographer.

K.P. said...

I like your use of color in the photo of the building/windows. It's very surreal. What's the technique?

Anonymous said...

These are great. I especially like the first one!

Oscar said...

k.p. I left a comment on your latest post about the photo of the windows.

Anonymous said...

I like your photos so much. They are a little bit poetic. Nice!!!

The Caretaker said...

Great slice of life photos through out your blog, this one of the lamp post is quite exceptional. Hope to see more of your work.

Anonymous said...

funny